The Mago Vista Area Civic Association, Inc. was founded in 1953, over 60 years ago, long before most of the area’s homes were built! Since then we’ve been your eyes and ears into County affairs.
MVACA serves the Communities of Belvedere Beach, Belvedere Heights, Birchwood, Broadwater Beach, Campus Green, Canterbury Village, Capri Estates, Cedar Haven, Cherrywood, Diamond Knoll, Fernbrook, Harmony Point, Harting Farm, Jefferson Estates, Longview on the Magothy, Mago Vista, Magothy Estates, Magothy Manor, Magothy Shores, Mill Creek, Moorings on the Magothy, Schooler’s Pond, Spriggs Cove, Stoney Point, West Magothy Manor, Wexford, and Windsor Forest.
What We Do
- Enhance the beauty of our community by maintaining the Entrance Sign and garden along Jones Station and Ruxshire Dr.
- Provide an annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Conduct Santa’s Ride to collect food for the needy during the holidays
- Offer an active Athletic Committee that sponsors basketball teams
- Represent you at monthly community Police affairs meetings
- Work with the County regarding your specific Traffic Safety concerns
- Address your Health concerns by working with County Health Dept.
- Publish a Newsletter keeping you abreast of issues that affect the quality of your life and the value of your property
To do these things, we need your active participation. We ask each household to invest in the MVACA by paying the annual $20.00 membership dues. The money is used to support the activities listed above.
It takes the work of many dedicated volunteers to maintain our advocacy support. We are looking for folks who would donate one evening a month (2nd Thursday) to attend our monthly meeting, voice their concerns, and support our efforts.
Will you step up and help us? If so, please contact us with your name and contact info.
On behalf the Board of the MVACA, we thank you for your support. For more info call Brenda at 571-465-0318.